Right now there are many skin products that promise big results; most of their ingredients can be very effective but they can also harm sensitive skin. That’s why we love natural ingredients’ simplicity. Sherwood Skincare is about going back to basics, connecting with your roots and letting nature heal your skin, and that’s exactly what the oil cleansing method does.
We know you might feel confused right now because the last thing we associate with clean skin is oil, but guess what? This method works and it’s based on the scientific principle that like dissolves like. Acne.org explains that:
“The best way to dissolve a nonpolar solvent like sebum/oil, is by using another non-polar solvent similar in composition: other oils. By using the right oils, you can cleanse your pores of dirt and bacteria naturally, gently and effectively, while replacing the dirty oil with beneficial ones extracted from natural botanicals, vegetables, and fruit that heal, protect and nourish your skin.”
So, basically, oil cleansing penetrates into your pores to dissolve grime and remove makeup. Most importantly, it can help to protect the skin’s natural lipid layer and nourish it with healing properties and important nutrients, which will boost its appearance.
These are some of the benefits of the oil cleansing method on your skin:
- Clears excess sebum, the oily substance produced by glands on your skin.
- Cleans out clogged pores like blackheads and whiteheads.
- Removes dead skin, pollutants, and makeup.
Great information, huh? Now, let’s go straight to the reason you are reading this blog entry: How to clean your face with oil? It’s simple, you just have to follow these steps:
- Start by pouring about a quarter size amount of oil in your hands, rub it to help the oil to get warmer and activate their properties and then start to massage the skin of your face.
- Breathe and connect your mind with this cleansing process. Use smooth circular movements to help the oil penetrate your skin and to increase your circulation. Continue massaging your face for at least 2 minutes to make sure you dissolve the impurities and dirt on your skin.
- When you are done with the last step, use a clean washcloth fully soaked with hot water and place it over your face. This will create a steam that will improve the cleansing process to remove everything we don’t want on our skin. Leave the washcloth for a minute and then remove the oil using gentle movements. Remember not to add so much pressure to your face and don’t rub/scrub continuously over the same spots because you can irritate your skin.
You probably won’t need to add any moisturizer to your face after this, but if you feel like it, you can use it with no problem.
Give a try to our Pracaxi Oil with this skincare routine and share your experience with us! Spoiler alert: your skin will be simply FLAWLESS!